I’ve been honored by a friend who nominated me for the Liebster Award. That friend is author and classical musician, Laura Bruno Lilly who answers the door at laurabrunolilly.com ,The Journey Continues. I recommend that you go there, you’ll thank me later. Thank you Laura, I’ll try and do this justice. I’ll pass this award along to others later.
The following info is offered in compliance with the award rules guideline.
The Questions Eleven:
1. Do I read one book at a time? No, I usually have various books laying about in various shades of readness. My latest, that I found recently at an auction of old books, is “I, Claudius” by Robert Graves and first published by Arthur Barker in 1934. It’s surprisingly tricky to read without having your mind’s eye revert back to the movie that aired in the’70’s of the same name.
2.What triggers my happy dance? Now: triggered by sons and grandchildren. Then: smoky bars from here to the Black Sea. Also lifting off the ground in airplanes . Then landing airplanes. Airplanes. I don’t fly anymore and I miss it but while it took almost my entire life to get there I’ve flown, myself, many times. I even got to fulfill that dream of going up in the bush country of Alaska.
3.Describe me in three words.? Way Too Analytical (It’s both a blessing and a curse to be able to see both sides of an argument).
4. Outsiders understanding my struggles? I’m not sure I understand them. I’ve wrestled them for the sixty five years since my mother passed but with God’s help and direction I’m still standing.
5. Where to go and what to do that which has not already been done? Tough one, but it would have to include lots of really high dirt. I would also like to take the train from Calgary, Canada west through the Canadian Rockies towards Alberta, then drive the Alaskan Highway.
6. My favorite post? Another tough one, most of my posts are not really posts and were written only to remember and re-capture a time or event in my memory but I especially enjoyed writing : “Alien Encounters”, “Football”, “Horse”, “Flight History”, “Gravity” and “Jonah and Earl” of course.
7. My influence on the next generation? Minimal, but I am close to my grandson and grand daughter so who knows.
8. My super power and new name? Any power that would allow me to streak across the universe at say………. mach 20. New name while streaking: Clem……. or Bubba.
9. Traits in a friend? Caring, intelligent with a good sense of humor.
10. My favorite color? Cobalt Blue.
11. Coffee, tea or ????? That depends, if it’s a hot beverage it must be coffee. Tea is iced. Recreationally it’s Black Jack or Budweiser.
1. I’m Christian. My Bible stays open to Mathew 5. I try and live my life with The Beatitudes as my guide. Do I feel this statement and # 11 stated above are mutually exclusive? No………… it’s complicated.
2. I’m happily married and a father of two with grandkids. I’m proud of all of them.
3. I’m a citizen of the United States of America and served in the US Navy and proud of it.
4. I’m a gym rat. There I’ve said it, I’m out. Everything I’ve heard about exercising is true. It makes you feel better both mentally and physically. The hardest part of my workout routine is getting there. Once there I’m OK but that’s a terrible 7 minute drive.
5. I love remote high country. Solo backpacking was one of my addictions some years ago. Wish I had taken more pictures.
6. I volunteer with and support my local police force.
7. I love driving and listening to classic rock. Loud classic rock.
8. I’m strong in some ways and weak in others. The work continues.
9. I’m a star gazer. Sitting remote at night away from the city lights where the Milky way is visible was always the highlight of every camping trip.